NB: doseringen afhankelijk van cohort.
- Patients with a confirmed diagnosis of multiple myeloma stage I to III according to the ISS criteria (see appendix I);
- Age 18-65 years inclusive;
- WHO performance status 0-3 (WHO=3 is allowed only when caused by MM and not by co-morbid conditions) (see appendix II);
- Negative urine pregnancy test at inclusion if applicable;
- Written informed consent.
- Known intolerance of Thalidomide;
- Systemic AL amyloidosis;
- Waldenstrom’s macroglobulinemia or IgM MM;
- Previous chemotherapy or radiotherapy except 2 cycles of Melphalan/Prednisone or local radiotherapy in case of local myeloma progression;
- Severe cardiac dysfunction (NYHA classification II-IV, see appendix III);
- Severe pulmonary dysfunction;
- Significant hepatic dysfunction (serum bilirubin ≥ 30 μmol/l or transaminases ≥ 3.0 times normal level), unless related to myeloma;
- Creatinine clearance <15 cc/min;
- Alkaline Phosphatase >3x ULN;
- ANC < 1,0 x109/L, platelets < 75 x109/L, Hb < 4.9 mmol/L;
- Intolerance to thromboprophylaxis;
- Patients known to be HIV-positive;
- Patients with active, uncontrolled infections;
- Patients with neuropathy, CTC grade 3 or higher or grade 2 painful peripheral neuropathy;
- Patients with a history of active malignancy during the past 5 years with the exception of basal carcinoma of the skin or stage 0 cervical carcinoma;
- Patients (all males and all pre-menopausal women) who are not willing or capable to use adequate contraception during the therapy;
- Lactating women;
- WHO Performance status > 3.